Friday, March 2, 2012

Human Reliability Assesment


Category      : E-Books
Author          : ANTHONY J. SPURGIN
Publisher      : CRC Press
Year             : 2010
Page             : 300
Language     : English
File Type      : Pdf
Size              : 3,851 KB
Review         : I do not know if a preface ought to be written by someone else, maybe it should? However, these are some thoughts of someone who has been connected with engineering. I love engineering. It would be nice to be like Leonardo, an engineer, an artist, a conceptualist. My life has been interesting—as a child in India, a schoolboy here, there, and everywhere, and at university in London. The sport of my life was rugby, a fantastic team sport. I played it in England and the United States. But you ask, what can sport offer? So many
things: support for your fellow players and appreciation for your opponents, and thanks to the referees for their involvement, giving their time to control a bunch of roughneck gentlemen. Remember, rugby was once called a “hooligan’s game played by gentlemen!” I guess that most engineers consider that they can do anything. What an egotistical view! But maybe it is true; after all, Leonardo was an engineer. Like most people, my views are colored by my experiences. I was taught engineering by a group of capable lecturers, some better than others, but all good. The same goes for my teachers at school. I think that in some ways I was putty in their hands. However, the responsibility for the materials within the book is mine.


0 komentar:

Post a Comment