Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Psychological Assessment of Political Leaders


Category      : E-Books
Author          : Jerrold M. Post, MD
Publisher      : MICHIGAN PRESS
Year             : 2003
Page             : 475
Language     : English
File Type      : Pdf
Size              : 4,029 KB
Review        : With the wisdom of hindsight, many of life's most consequential decisions are often a matter of happenstance. In the spring of 1965,1 was in Washington, DC, completing my second year as a Clinical Associate of the National Institute of Mental Health before I was to return to Boston for a planned career in academic psychiatry, when a friend from medical school approached me to discuss
"an unusual job opportunity." Despite having secured a position on the faculty of Harvard Medical School, I could not resist this provocative invitation. We met for lunch, and he offered me the opportunity to develop a pilot program for assessing at a distance the personality and political behavior of foreign leaders for senior U.S. government officials. A service of common concern, the unit would be administratively based in the Central Intelligence Agency. I thought it would be an interesting divertissement and decided to delay for two years my entering the groves of academe.


0 komentar:

Post a Comment