Friday, March 9, 2012

Mental Health Among Taiwanese Americans

Category       : E-Books
Author          : Steven J. Gold and RubĂ©n G. Rumbaut
Publisher      : LFB Scholarly Publishing
Year              : 2006
Page              : 322
Language      : English
File Type       : Pdf
Size               : 1,32 MB
Review          :Like many other things in life, this book would not have been possible if I had not received encouragement, support, and assistance from others. I am grateful to all the Taiwanese Americans interviewed for this study, who generously shared with me their immigration experiences which were filled with both struggles and joy. I will never forget the time I spent in Chicago, losing myself in the stories of my informants’ lives. I can only hope that my work conveys the richness and complexity of their social and emotional lives in the United States and Taiwan.
I am indebted to Rita S. Gallin, who invested tremendous amounts of time, energy, and enthusiasm throughout this research. Her critical thinking often pushed and inspired me to sharpen my arguments, and her constant encouragement was always heartening. Without her guidance and mentoring, I would not have been able to materialize this project as presented in this book. My special thanks go to Steve Gold for his insights and support, whose encouragement has facilitated the publication of this book. I am also grateful to Brendan Mullan and Toby Ten Eyck for their valuable comments, encouragement, and support. Mike Lan helped me make field contacts; my publisher, Leo Balk, provided assistance with formatting; and Pauline Acosta made useful editorial suggestions. I thank their help and patience. Russell Stone at American University was so gracious in offering me a visiting position in the sociology department that allowed me to finish this book.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment